IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We’re proudly supported by high-quality investors like GV (Google Ventures), NEA, Amazon, Samsung, Bosch, HP, Airbus, and more.
We are looking for an Associate General Counsel. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter familiar with corporate governance, public company disclosures, legal infrastructure building, and strategic transactions work. As a Corporate Counsel, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Manage general corporate governance, including preparing agendas, minutes and resolutions, and maintaining minute books and corporate records.
- Own legal aspects of SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, S-8s, and Section 16 filings.
- Advise on corporate governance policies and procedures, such as the code of business conduct and insider trading policy.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Manage corporate entity structure, including formation and dissolution of subsidiaries in the US and abroad.
- Support scaling projects that directly impact the growth of the commercial legal function.
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions for business teams.
- Monitor and track outside counsel quality and fees against budget.
- The ideal candidate will have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous initiatives. You’ll be able to balance technical expertise and savvy with strong business judgment to make great decisions. You’ll strive for simplicity and demonstrate significant creativity and incisive judgment.
You’d be a good fit with:
- 4+ years of relevant securities experience, including law firm and public technology company (both preferred).
- Membership in at least one state bar (preferably California or New York)
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to uphold the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality.
- A positive can-do attitude and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Fast learner with low ego.
You’d be a great fit with:
- Interest in quantum computing.
- Familiarity with Google Workplace (G Suite), legal software tools, and board portals.
- Experience in a start-up or rapidly growing environment.
Our HQ is located in the Discovery Park area of College Park, Maryland. We are a five-minute walk from the Metro. However, our leadership team is based around the country and this position may be remote, with flexible work hours.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.